Monday, July 23, 2012

Currently

I know I'm kinda late with this link up, but here it is anyway. I struggle with these sometimes - do I write a summary of what I am currently up to or do I write what I am currently up to right.this.very.second?

Thanks to Randalin and Wendy for this link up, which has heretofore forced me to sit down and reflect on what....


Mama is

cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner most meals. I love cooking and making meals for the family. I don't do this as often during the school year, so I relish it during my two months off each year.

making it possible once again to walk around my side of the office I share with Dada. I just spent the entire afternoon throwing things out and reorganizing my work related books, folders, papers.

working on being more patient with Cole and appreciating every second I have with him. This summer is really flying by, as you all can probably tell, and I know I won't have this quality time with him come September. My little boy is so precious, he deserves only the best from me.

reading new blogs and getting to know other mothers on other parts of the continent. Wishing I had half the talent as some of them.

listening to Bonnie Raitt and thoroughly enjoying the break from Fresh Beats.

Cole is

cooking birthday cupcakes and mac and cheese on the new pre-owned Kidcraft stove we bought for him months ago but only recently brought into the house.

making phone calls to Gamma whenever we are away. We actually came across a pay phone at the campgrounds we stayed at this weekend (our first camping experience with the pop-up) and he naturally called Gamma and told her about our trip. He also made a special request for a bubble machine, but that's beside the point. I will be posting about our weekend very soon so be on the lookout!

working on telling us that he really needs something. This is go-to argument if we are trying to take something away from him. He's thoroughly convinced he needs it and can't live without it. It's comical and heartbreaking at the same time.

reading Pete's a Pizza. We read this at least three times a night and he laughs more and more each time. In fact, today he got loose from me as I was changing his diaper and he ran around the house just like Pete runs around the house. He, of course, wanted me to chase him like Pete is chased but I was kind of perturbed about the fact that I could not get a diaper on this kid. He's becoming very stubborn lately.

listening to Fresh Beats. With the tickets we purchased from Ticket Master, we also bought the album. When we went to Woodstock this weekend, we listened to it every single time we all climbed into the car to go somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. It's all "I need this..." and "I need that..." around here too. Actually, more like "I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed it!" Oh dear. Our little men sure know what they want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My God. That is EXACTLY the way Cole says it!!! It's like a passionate whine. It's horrible!

    ReplyDelete