Saturday, September 10, 2011

Summer's last week

So the school year is here. Summer is over, and September seems to be washing away.  My last week with Cole was fun. The fact that it was the last week was not on my mind as much as the fact that we had no power, so I wasn't too sad most of the time. It really hit me as I was driving away from Keith's car on that first day back. I had just said good-bye to a waving Cole and the realization that my summer was over and I could spend my days with Cole no longer hit me like a ton of bricks.

I have 143 students and still counting this year. That's the most amount of students I've ever had. It will be a fun year of trying to maintain balance between work and family, especially with all of those projects and essays I will eventually have to grade.

But this summer was a nice imbalance of play, so hopefully I can look back on these blog posts and smile at the good memories my summer with Cole (and weekends with Keith and Cole) brought me.

The one thing I have to apologize for is my lack of recapping capabilities. I was able to provide you with as many pictures as possible, with some captions, but to tell you what happened on what particular day is beyond my ability now that a bit of time has passed. My memory is like a sieve lately, and I only remember specific details of specific dates if something monumental happened. And thankfully (besides another power outage on Labor day) not much happened.

These pictures are from one of our cameras...
"I'll push this damn thing myself, thank you very much."



Cole and Hailey
This kid LOVES the swing

Mama and Cole on the day before the first day back

These are my favorite iPhone pics...

Visiting "elsewhere" pics...
Our visit to The Bakery in New Paltz. They have the best kids toys there.

Visiting the CSA (before the massive flooding). Going through the mud puddle. FUN!
Inside during the day pics...

Cole loves the doggy his Dada gave him
Outside in the morning pics...





This is a combo inside/outside pic

Cole problem solving to retrieve the ball.







1 comment:

  1. Love the photos. Sorry for the absence. Now I'm catching up while on a break from class.

    ReplyDelete