Thursday, April 14, 2011

While he was sick...

an amazing thing happened: he took his first steps.
On Tuesday night while Keith tried to get him back to sleep (he went down at 6:45 and woke up at 7:30) Cole took a few steps from one section of his crib to another without holding on. When Keith told me, I was like "Why didn't you get me!!" And he was all, "Well,  I was trying to get him to go to sleep."
So the next night, Keith devised a plan to help Cole feel comfortable to walk on the floor (we think he does more in the crib because he knows if he falls he'll just bounce and boy does he love to bounce!) So we sat on the floor of the living room about two feet away from each other and faced one another. Keith encouraged Cole to first stand on his own, which he did. Then he said, "Go to mommy." And he did! He took two steps forward ON HIS OWN and fell into my arms. My heart leaped and I almost started to cry. What a beautiful thing, watching your child walk for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment