Friday, April 22, 2011

Flashback Friday: The Cape Cod Trips



Something that Keith and I have been doing since we started dating was take a trip to Cape Cod. I had gone there the summer before we started dating with some friends (Andreea and Linda) and wanted to go back to this cute little town I'd driven through called Truro. We've been staying in North Truro ever since. Truro is close to the tip of Cape Cod, just below Provincetown, which - if yo didn't know - is like the San Francisco of the northeast. We had such a great time that first year that we made an annual trek to Cape Cod every year following until we had Cole last year.What was neat was that in 2008, we started to include friends on these trips. We did this because we wanted others to enjoy the beauty and fun that is Cape Cod. And we also did it because we began camping there, and it's always more fun when you're camping with more than just your significant other. I don't have the pictures from 2002 on my computer because they are on film. And I am too lazy to search for them. However, I do have pictures from 2003 on. However, in 2008, I only downloaded a few photos to my computer (Keith probably has them all) so I only have a picture of Keith from that year. That's the year we went with Peter, Peg, Linda, Keener, and Beth. 


2003
2004
2005- the year we got engaged

2006 the year we got married

 2007


2008

2009: (l-r Shawn, Allison, me, Keith, Peg, & Peter)


2 comments:

  1. Haha - Keith looks so different in every picture!
    This looks like so much fun. I've always wanted to visit Cape Cod.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I think it's the facial hair. Keith just looked at this post and saw that we had the same pose year after year.

    Cape Cod is beautiful. I forgot to mention that almost the entire coastline is federally protected, which makes it prettier than other eastern beach destinations. It's not built up like Montauk (Long Island) or the Outer Banks (North Carolina). And it's never too disgustingly hot.
    If you ever decide to go during the summer, let me know, and maybe we'll join you! We haven't gone because we're not sure Cole can handle a 6 hour car ride yet.

    ReplyDelete