Monday, April 4, 2011

A nightmarish sleep - minus the sleep!

So I knew the minute I shared about Cole sleeping for longer periods of time that I would jinx us. I should've just kept it to myself. But nooooo, I HAD to go and tell the blog world about it.
Just an FYI: Saturday's post is the last time you will get anything positive from me in the sleep department. From now on I'll just complain.
So about last night. Last night was the kind of night, where after the first few times he wakes up you just don't expect to get any solid sleep. But even so, when he wakes up, you still get mad. It's all the lack of sleep that wears the patience down.
I put him down with no problems ( that should've been my first sign) at 6:44 pm. He woke up after that at:
7:15
9:44
Midnight
2:00 ( and was awake until he pooped at around 3)
4:30
and then for good around 6:15
Needless to say, Keith and I are dog tired, and poor Keith has to deal with the insurance adjusters today. One day we will look back at this time and wonder how we functioned in the real world with so little sleep.
Not one to be a total Debby Downer, accompanying this post is a picture of the happy little guy this morning. This picture was taken via Instagram ( the iPhone app with cool filters that make the pictures look older than they are. )

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know how often I get up anymore. Sometimes I think we made it a four hour stretch and then Kris will remind me that we were up in between. It never ceases to amaze me that I continue to function as a human being. *Sigh* This will pass, right? One day they're going to be teenagers and sleep until noon? Right?

    ReplyDelete