Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Virus from Hell = The Flu

So the virus from hell seems to have faded away and it has left congestion in its wake. That makes for a snorting, snoring, Cole. But overall, he is doing much better and Keith, and I are thankful he is no longer suffering from a fever of 104.7. How scary is that? Very scary, let me tell you. He took many a trip to the bathtub this past week, thank you very much (although he wasn't thanking us, that's for sure.) Keith took Cole to the doctor this morning and the doctor thinks that even though Cole tested negative for both Flu A and Flu B on Sunday at the Emergency One in Kingston, that he probably had the flu. Apparently, the accuracy of the test goes out the window on the third day (which Sunday was for Cole's illness). It makes sense that it was the flu. Both Keith and I got the flu shot this year and Cole didn't. Plus, the high fever, the vomiting, the diarrhea, the lack of appetite. Not to mention the times when he couldn't even keep his head up he was so tired. Anyway, we're glad it's mostly over. I say mostly because he's still cranky and clingy like he is when he's not feeling well. (And the congestion is causing some minor complications with nursing, but with a little help from the Nosefrida, we should hopefully be able to get it under control.) I remember when I caught the flu a few years ago, I was still worn out for a few weeks afterwards. And I think it won't be much different for Cole. The flu really does a number on you. There's a reason there's a vaccination for it.

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy (and poor mom and dad, too!). That sounds really rough.
    We didn't get our flu shots this year and we're so lucky that we didn't get anything. I normally get one every year. Maybe I did get one? Jeez, life is a blur....

    ReplyDelete