Thursday, July 15, 2010

Patience

I thought my challenging pregnancy was the true test of my patience. I was wrong. Motherhood is the ultimate test of my patience. Cole is 7 weeks old today and his crying has gotten progressively worse over the past week. When he's not sleeping or nursing, he's usually crying, although there are times each day when he is awake and smiling for an extended amount of time. Thank God for that.
I sincerely hope the colic is at its peak.

The swing and the stroller have been true sanity savers. Last night, as I was walking Cole up and down East, Middle & Center roads for the 5th time this week, I was reminded of this girl who would walk up and down Main Street of Rosendale with her baby in the stroller. I remember always thinking to myself- why doesn't she hang with her baby inside or at least be stationary? Why must she always walk? Now I know.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. This too shall pass. I know it seems never-ending, but I promise it isn't!

    ReplyDelete