Wednesday, July 14, 2010

New Mommy Group

Yesterday I went to New Baby, New Paltz. It was the first time I'd gone to this new mommy group. I met my friend from our childbirth class there. It was a great experience. An herbalist was speaking and gave us the lowdown on all the herbs that are good for mommy and good for baby and the different herbs you can use as remedies for various mommy and baby problems. Then it was just a general talk. Since we were the newbies, Emma and I got to share our mommy woes. I shared my frustration at the babywearing problems we've been having and everyone agreed to bring their slings next week, so I could try them out and see if Cole likes any of them.

Cole - who was being adorable and alert for almost the entire meeting when he wasn't nursing (no need for cover ups at this mommy group- everyone just whips out the boob no problem) - started to REALLY fuss towards the end. Once he got into his car seat and I rocked it, he fell asleep. Emma and I then took our strollers up Main Street and ate at P&G's. We sat next to the noisiest table in the restaurant and our babies barely stirred. It made me wonder aloud why I bother to tip-toe around the room when Cole is sleeping in his nursery or our bedroom.  Right now, at 6 weeks old, this kid can pretty much sleep through anything. I'm waiting for him to outgrow it though - I've read and heard that they eventually do.


Oh and....
Diaper rash update:
After giving Cole an oatmeal bath, we began applying Balmex (which was recommended to us by several people). (It's funny, because the only diaper rash ointment we don't own is Desitin.) The Balmex seems to be working, but I can tell that the rash is still there AND is still irritating him. How long does it take for a diaper rash to go away with application of cream at every diaper change and daily air time?

3 comments:

  1. If the rash doesn't go away with OTC stuff, it could be a baby yeast infex, especially considering the poop woes you were having with the production issue. If so, you will need a prescription for nystatin. Ev used to do this all of the time. If no improvement soon, I would put a call out to Cole's doc--a lot of times the docs here will just call it in.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll give it another day -and then I'll call. How would the poop woes be related to the rash? Would the green poop be an indication of a yeast infection?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope. It has to do with the actual poop contents/ composition. Evan would get them after bad diarrhea, for example. I used to know the reason, but that was almost 9 years ago (sorry!).

    ReplyDelete