Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mama brag moment

I just had to brag... We went in for Bevin's well baby visit this morning.

Get this. She gained 2 whole freaking pounds!

At her appointment on Jan. 25 she weighed 6.4 lbs, measured 19 inches and the circumference of her head was 11 inches. (And at her first appointment she was 1 oz away from gaining all of her birth weight back in a matter of five days)

At her appointment today she weighed 8.4 lbs, measured 21 inches, and the circumference of her head was 13 inches.

According to my resident mathematician (SuperDada) her weight gain is a 30% growth increase.

All of my work (nursing round the clock) has paid off!








The visit with the doctor went well. The nurse and the doctor gave me two tips on a breastfeeding problem we've been having. And of course the doctor gave me his shpiel on sleep training, and I just smiled and nodded. While we don't intend on sharing sleep with Bevin for the long haul, we do not intend on sleep training. (stay tuned for a future post on Cole's experience with sleep).  Superdada and I talked about it later and we agreed on one realistic goal for Bevin in the next month or two: to sleep on her back in the bassinet for longer than 5 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. After all the worries during your pregnancy, I am so happy Bevin is thriving and growing so well. I want to come see her. At this point, Tom is working round the clock every day and I don't forsee any free weekends for him soon. If its just me and tommy, when is a good day for you?

    ReplyDelete