Monday, July 8, 2013

Seven

Today we celebrated 7 years of marriage. 
It's not hard to believe that seven years have passed, but it is hard to believe how far we've come- that we have two kids and jobs we actually enjoy. That we still love each other, can still make each other laugh, still tease each other, despite the challenges we've faced together. Today was a pretty amazing day. We worked as a team to prep for our camping trip and get other things done on our long list of to-dos. We decided to forego a celebratory lunch at a local eatery in favor of lunch at home with two dips in the pool. (The kids celebrated our anniversary at day care:) Then we had a quick breakfast for dinner and Keith was off to work. 
Cole tried to help me pack by leaving the house and going into the garage and placing a shoebox of toys in there. I nearly had a heart attack when I heard the door open! 


I got both kids to bed by 7 and managed to get some more packing done (but not before nearly breaking my knee cap on a toy matchbox Jeep. Ooouch!!) 


 

Now I'm in bed with Bevin (because of course she woke up while I was dancing around the house trying to get everything ready) and am writing this post so I can wish my amazing husband a happy anniversary and share with you my favorite picture from our wedding. We had our photojournalist friend (we know quite a few of those) shoot our wedding and he took some amazing candid shots.  This one was my favorite because it shows our love for each other as well as Keith's love for photography. Even at his own wedding, he was taking pictures.  What's even more interesting is that my second favorite shot from the wedding was taken with the camera in question by a friend of ours. It's a black and white of us kissing.  It's a film photograph of course so you'll just have to imagine it. 



 




 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment