Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bevin's bathtime

Bevin has an awesome bathtub that I bought from Waddle n Swaddle, a local nursing and maternity boutique. 
I got rid of the bath we used for Cole mainly because he disliked baths so much in the first few months of his life. I always said to myself that I'd get a bath that better covered the baby's extremities and make the bath more pleasant. 
It's called a Spa Babe bath tub. It's essentially a bucket that is angled. 
Keith often jokes that we could have just bathed Bevin in a plaster bucket he has in our garage and saved ourselves the $39, but deep down he knows he's misguided and just being corny. 

Pros of the bath:
Bevin loves it and has never uttered a single cry (Internet will strike me down for this one I am sure)
She stays warm
She's very relaxed. 
She often spaces out and has almost fallen asleep in it on more than one occasion. 
It's transparent so she can look out of it
It doesn't waste water. 

Cons: 
When she didn't have good neck control I had to hold her head up throughout the entire bath. 
Once she could control her neck I still had to hold her up to some degree,u especially if she stuck her feet up and started to slip. 
The stick pad that comes with it often gets bunched up underneath her (rendering it useless).
It took me 5 months to feel it was safe to take her picture during her bath. 






 


 



 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment