Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Currently we couldn't help ourselves


Mama is...
Loving our new (to us) GMC Yukon. I know. I know. It's a freaking American made monster, and it's one of those vehicles we used to balk at, but it's going to tow our pop up camper much more safely than our CRV would. With the V we could only drive 50 miles per hour, which basically means we can only camp - at the most -an hour away, since we can't safely drive on an Interstate at that speed, not to mention the wear on the transmission. We've decided we are not only going to go on our already planned camping trips to nearby state parks, but  we are also going to go to... wait for it...The beach!! Yes! We are going to step foot in the ocean this summer with our soon to be 6 month old and 3-year-old no matter how miserable we are on the ride there. The good news is that the truck  is VERY roomy and I can sit in the second row (I say second because there is a third row!!) between the two car seats (something I can't do in the V) and attempt to calm Bevin so we don't end up pulling our hair out by the time we get to Rhode Island. 

Craving food that is bad for me. I recently had an IBS episode because I'd eaten so much fatty and junk foods that my intestines were like: NO MORE! Sunday night I felt so lousy I didn't even eat dinner, which is unheard of for me. Trying not to eat out and if we eat out I eat a low-fat meal.  Of course though I'm still craving all of the food I should not, in good conscience, as I an IBS sufferer, ever allow my mouth to ingest. 

Missing my friends. However you cut it, having children makes it so much harder to talk to people on the phone. It's like I have to lock myself in my room while Keith watches the kids just so I can have a measly 20 minute  conversation with my childhood friend whose grandmother just died. And Cole is still banging on the door like nothing doing. 

Wishing we used our pool more often. When you have central air, it's easier to just stay inside when the humidity and/or sunshine bear down on our shadeless backyard. 

Listening to fireworks and praying no boom booms or pop pops wake either of my children up. I'd like to say I'm listening to the last of the 17-year cicadas, but I spent the better part of today indoors cleaning, trying to organize, wearing the baby, etc.  It was the kind of morning where you look at your house and you want to organize and put away everything in sight but you have no idea where to begin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment