Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wear 'me Wednesday: We go in the Ergo

This week was a fun one. It was the first week in which the majority of the time Keith was out of the house working a commercial job (think rich people talking about policy while touring the Hudson Valley. Boring. Boring. Boring. But beeeaauutiful sunsets at Mohonk). I prepared by buying frozen prepared meals for dinner because, while I feel comfortable chasing Cole around while holding or wearing Bevin, cooking is an entirely different issue. I take way too long in the kitchen to cook with her in the swing or high chair. She'd probably tolerate it for like five minutes and then let me know she has had enough. And I'm a little worried about babywearing and cooking for obvious reasons. Heating up something on the stove or microwave is how I roll when Keith is not home to cook. So when we were not eating leftovers we were eating meals previously housed in a bag. The picture below is of Cole and I eating at the kitchen counter. It was special for him because he loves to stand on our super stool and because we usually eat our meals at our dining room table. We stood because Bevin was asleep and when I babywear and sit, she sometimes wakes up if she's not in a deep sleep. No one wants a cranky baby when they're just sitting down for a hot meal, so we enjoyed our leftover Pot Roast at the counter. 

And even though I heart the Boba big time, Bevin does not share the same feelings towards it. She generally screams when I wear it, although she does eventually fall asleep. I attribute that to the fact that she can't yet see out of it, but her head can pop out if the Ergo a little more. And if she can see, she's a wee bit happier. 








 


 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh I've always wanted an Ergo. Glad to see it helped you out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And also, hahaha I've never thought to eat while standing! I always just sit awkwardly.

      Delete