Sunday, June 30, 2013

Currently all about Cole

Cole is currently...

Watching streamed television through our Roku. We cancelled cable a few weeks ago and are loving the savings and being able to find awesome television shows on Amazon Prime and Hulu Plus. Watching the Rondout and the rest of Rosendale from way up high. The railroad trestle was finally opened on Saturday, connecting Gardiner to Kingston through the old Wallkill Valley Railroad. Below is a picture of he and his friend, Ellie, talking and watching. Those two have all kinds of fun together.  

Reading The Lorax. No joke- this boy read a good portion of the first quarter of the book to me by memory thid past week. I was in my room changing Bevin while Keith took a shower. I heard a door closed, went into his room and found him "reading" to himself. I left, smuggled a cookie from the cabinet into my mouth, checked Instagram, (because Ohmygod I had a few minutes where my 3 year old wasn't demanding my attention and what was I supposed to do with myself?!) I went back in after I heard him calling me.  He asked me to sit down while he read to me. Then wouldn't you know it, he started reciting the words we've so often read to him.  He even did the gravelly voice of the Onceler "come and I'll tell you by my whisper-ma-phone." He has such a love/hate relationship with that character.  But seriously, just when I'm worried we're not reading to him "enough" he goes and does that. 

Eating grapefruits and lemons and oranges, rind and all. He loves citrus, but we try to limit it because his intestines don't always agree with him. On the other hand, my kid likes grapefruit! Since I'm a fan too, Cole and I share my special grapefruit spoon. 

Drinking drinkable yogurt from a local farm called Ronnybrook Farm. They make them in flavors like peach, blackberry, pomegranate and blueberry. It's become his treat when we go food shopping. And when he drinks them, it's become my ritual to give him a straw and his ritual to blow lots and lots of bubbles and promise me a thousand times over that he won't make a mess. I'll give you one guess what usually happens. 

Learning how to touch bugs. I think Cole is a little icked out by bugs, but the  infiltration by the enormous and beautifully loud 17-year cicadas has him intrigued. We find dead cicadas, wings of cicadas and half alive cicadas all along the grass of the neighborhood lawns. We also hear their many calls, one on particular that sounds like a radio signal straight out of the tv show Lost.  Recently during an afternoon walk was the first time Cole actually let a cicada walk on his hand. It was pretty cool. 




Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment