Friday, June 21, 2013

Currently we are loving late spring


Summer is technically one day away. Wednesday, the end of late spring, had to be the most beautiful day of the year so far. So perfect in so many ways. We were just about to go grocery shopping when I decided to skip it since Bevin was crying and I had just stupidly let Cole eat two donut holes from Dunkin Donuts just so I could eat a muffin and get my caffeine on with one of their delicious iced teas. We ended up at the Forsyth Nature Center in Kingston. Something totally different from the usual and the perfect day to visit with the animals. I even got to nurse Bevin under the shade of some trees after we said hi to the turtles and bunnies and resident bull and llama. Cole even met a pot bellied pig named Tulip. We punctuated the gorgeous day with a stroller ride around the neighborhood and after Cole begged and begged I finally relented and we went for his THIRD bike ride of the day. This boy and his balance bike. He is getting so good!!!
Keith posted some pics on Instagram from their early morning ride.

And here is my take from the afternoon ride.

So currently I am...

Sending blog posts to my blog from emails I write on my phone (which doesn't even always work! Ugh!) The Blogger App pretty much ruins my photos and makes them so pixelated and unclear that I can't stand using it unless I'm just posting text. So I thought I would solve the problem by buying an App called Blog Go. It worked for a few weeks and then last week it broke down and now you cannot log in and retrieve your blog. They've been "working on it" for five days now. Back to emailing (I used to do this back when Cole was an infant. I'd pump and blog at work) and hoping one of these App developers gets their stuff together and fixes these problems.

Mending my low supply issue on my right side with Motherlove. Of course, then I have oversupply on my left. Why can't they come up with some topical cream that increases supply on one side only??

Recommending the book The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth by Alexandra Robbins. I'm just finishing up this amazing work of non-fiction. It is probably the first non fiction book I've finished in a long time. She argues that the people who are outcasts in high school are the same people who are successful in life. The traits that made them "different" in high school are the same traits they are beloved for in the "real world." All in all an absorbing read.

HK

2 comments:

  1. I agree, Blogger definitely needs to improve their phone app. The photos are always terrible!! It's so frustrating! On the other hand though, you have some adorable little kiddos. I'm stopping by from the Currently Link Up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from currently too. The Geeks Shall Inherit the Earth sounds a little like Quiet by Susan Caine - about the need for introverts.

    ReplyDelete