Thursday, September 20, 2012

Currently...

Mama is...

Loving my child up. Cole has been sad and mad that I've had to go back to work and after posting on a Facebook support group about it, someone helped me realize what I need to do to help him through this difficult change of me being back at work after an entire 2.5 months off. As a result, he's been more articulate about his feelings. Unfortunately though, it also resulted in him biting me tonight.

Devouring bialys. They are the only bagel type snack that require nothing but butter. The oniony flavor is just divine.

Giving Cole as much attention and love as I can. Every night I try to focus on just playing with him. I read him a hundred books too and that's fun and all but I can tell that playing is way better in his eyes. It's more quality time.

Grateful for my summers off. It's tough to end them and go through this in September but at least I get that uninterrupted time with him. Eventually he will remember it and as a good friend remind me tonight, before I know it he'll be in school and that will be our shared time off.

Going to do a prenatal workout using a video a friend gave me when I was pregnant with Cole. I did it twice last weekend and will do it again tomorrow after work if I can.

Cole is...
Loving his Mama. Tonight he kept telling me to "go away!" And then he'd make a mad face and say "I'm mad." And then I'd say "Cole I'm not going away, I love you." Then he'd say, "you want to go away to school." It just about broke my heart. But I kept with it and finally he said "I yuv you Mama" and hugged me tight. This heartwrenching exchange took place in the bathtub of all places.

Devouring Dada's latest concoction: watermelon ice pops. Due to an abundance of watermelons at our farm he decided to put them to good use. Cole also devours pretzel rods. I mistakenly bought a supersized container of them and he asks for them every single time I open up the cabinet. An ice pop or pretzel rod can usually cure Cole's blues.

Giving mostly nothing. Taking everything. Cole doesn't mind taking our food or snacks right off our plates or out of our bowls, but if we dare take his, he has a fit. On the flipside he doesn't mind giving us oodles of hugs, so that makes up for the ugly face when he tells us he won't be sharing with us.

Grateful for the camping trips he had this summer with other people. He still hasn't stopped mentioning them and seems to look forward to next year's trip with them.

Going to spend Saturday with Mama while Dada shoots a wedding. Going to have lots of uninterrupted fun.





HK

2 comments:

  1. My daughter is currently having a hard time being away from me too. Extra cuddles help, and I've been letting her sleep with me at night during the week. I try to remember when she's throwing a fit that she's having a hard time adjusting. I hope Cole starts feeling better about it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's such a sweet kid. I miss you guys!! I have so much blogging to get caught up on.... let's Skype soon!

    ReplyDelete