Saturday, September 8, 2012

Currently

This is more of a currently why the heck haven't you heard from me and what I've been up to this week. I am not following the prompts because I have no time to think outside the box but I've been dying to post all week.

I am trying to plow through all 550 pages of the book thief. I don't love the book, but my honors kids had to read it over the summer and I need to catch up for goodness sake!

Cole is eating an ice pop for breakfast and I have no more fight in me since this has been an exhausting week. It's a healthy ice pop so I'm not that worried.

I am trying to get all the dishes done so I can find the bottom of my kitchen counter. I posted this on Facebook recently : if it's eternal life you are seeking become a sink full of dishes or a mountain of laundry.
That's my life lately. It's never ending.

I just completed my first week of teaching high school and I love it. I was nervous as heck on Wednesday so that day was just okay but Thursday and Friday I kicked some serious ass.
The students are already impressing me with their ability to be creative and analyze poetry. I can definitely add "transferring to the high school" onto my list of Best Decisions I've Ever Made." I love this list because it makes me forget the Worst Decisions list.

I have to wake up at 4:30 a.m. now so I can make it to work by 6:45 before the buses fill the parking lot and block me from parking. Needless to say I'm so so tired after putting Cole to sleep that I barely have the energy to stumble into bed.

Cole is back to going to home care twice a week. He loves his school and has made some new friends. I'm very happy about it. Fortunately I don't have to do the drop off anymore so I don't have to feel the sadness that comes with his brief crying stint when I leave.

Keith is sheet rocking the garage with his uncle. It's like a different room. It's amazing. When we are not so much in debt (we also had to install a new heating system this summer) we will get new insulated garage doors. We still have to use the garage for storage and to park my car (there's no way in hell I am ever scraping frost off my car at 5:30 in the morning). But we will also be able to use it for a play space for Cole.

I have lots of other blog posts in the works and in my head I just need to find the time to write.

I would love to know- for those of you working moms who bring your work home, how do you also get blogging done?

2 comments:

  1. So glad you like teaching high school. I'd love to try to see you before the new baby arrives. Maybe Christmas break if not a random weekend before then??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that you're loving your new job! But waking up at 4:30am? Ouch. I thought waking up at 6am with Kale every day was rough.

    In terms of getting blogging in when I'm working all day and usually have work that I've brought home - I've found a things that help.

    1. I make a 'blog schedule.' This is where I jot down the dates (I usually aim to blog four times a week) and the topic beside it and sometimes a couple main points that I know I want to write about. That way when it comes time to blog, I don't have to spend an hour trying to think of a topic and outline (sometimes the hardest part for me).

    2. I join link ups when I'm really busy. I find the prompts of a link up helpful and again, I don't have to spend time thinking of what to write, I just start typing! And I don't beat myself up if I'm not able to visit others that have linked up. I try to - but it's not always a priority.

    I know some people that write their posts on the weekend and then schedule them to post throughout the week. I've done this for a couple posts, but I don't love this method.

    :)

    ReplyDelete