Sunday, December 18, 2011

Cole the helper and the fixer

Cole loves to help. He usually exclaims "I help!" or "I clean!" or "I vacuum!" or "I broom!" You get the idea.

At 18 months old, this is what he loves to help us with:

cleaning up his meal mess (he actually likes to create the mess so he can clean it up)
putting wet clothes on the drying rack
putting wet clothes into the dryer
putting dirty clothes into the wash machine (you see where this is going)
sponging off the table
cleaning the windows with his sponge (he has a special sponge given to him by Dada)
putting his dirty clothes in his hamper
picking up Mama's shoes
putting things into the garbage
putting blocks back into the block cart
putting his bath toys into the sink
putting his shoes away
vacuuming the floor
sweeping the floor
helping us cook ("I cook!")



Because I have never won any awards for my amazing ability to clean up after myself, this kid is truly his father's son.

Cole loves to fix whatever he sees Dada fixing or putting together. In the three examples I am thinking of,
Keith put together two different tables (one for the dining room and one for Cole) and replaced a light bulb in our kitchen ceiling fan. Cole wanted to help in all three instances. This kid is so adorable. "I fix! I fix!" he exclaims. I noticed that he takes more of an initiative in fixing things than with helping - although vacuuming seems to be his forte.


Helping Dada with the new pre-owned table we got from my family



I fix!

I broom!

Helping Dada and Grandpa Bill put together his new Ikea table

Fixing his new Ikea table

Helping Mama vacuum the kitchen

Sometimes you've got to do things yourself if you want them done right.


2 comments:

  1. You've basically written a post about Kale. Can i just copy and paste this into my blog? Kale absolutely loves to help in whatever way he can, but he literally shakes with excitement when it comes to the vacuum or helping Kris put something together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommy does like using the swifer but is scared of the vacuum and doesn't clean up in other ways. Maybe Cole can serve as an inspiration next time they see eachother

    ReplyDelete