Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Our little hiker

We just got back from four day camping trip in Cape Cod (yay for spontaneous trips with a toddler!) We did not take nearly as many pictures as we did the last time, so I promise to write about THAT trip in one post. Also, this trip was, for some reason, a lot more work (probably because we slept a LOT less) and camped for one night more (won't do THAT again!). Still, it was a great worthwhile trip. Cole saw the ocean for the first time and mommy got her annual ocean fix (I grew up near a beach, how can I deny myself that in my adulthood?)

Anyway, here are the rest of the pictures from our camping trip in the Adirondacks. (The pictures from the Gondola ride will be for another post.)


Our little hiker explores the forest

Poser

Cole tugs at Dada's legs to show him his new stick

He found himself a walking stick

Hard at work moving the walking stick from one end of the campsite to the other

Breakfast (and not an ad for Klean Kanteen - although it certainly could be!)

Cole throws breakfast overboard

Cole does the first thing he can think of when he sees the mirrored door: he kisses his reflection

"I can't believe you didn't tell me about this sooner!" (Cole's first experience with his own slice of pizza)

"I'm stuffed."

"So stuffed."

Cole discovers the fun you can have with a hotel bathroom  tissue paper slot. He tried repeatedly to put the tissues back after Keith had removed the box.



I'll be honest. This group of photos is my favorite. Cole is so expressive and such a little explorer. I hope he really does grow up to love nature (and pizza) as much as we do. Which photo do you like the best?

2 comments: