Saturday, June 15, 2013

Currently we can't stop complaining

CONSUMED BY the fact that we have two children. We're always talking about it with each other and with anyone else who will listen. It's like we're in quick sand and we just can't get out but mostly everyone else who doesn't have two children thinks we're just strolling through some fields of tall grass. We know because we've been on the other side. If any of our childless friends or friends with one child understands then they are VERY GOOD LISTENERS and bless their hearts for caring that much. It is sometimes so difficult to do something as simple as brush our teeth or form a plan about what we want to do with our day. Someone always needs us. Their voices/screeches are always going in some way, invading our heads and making it difficult to think clearly. We love them, they are wonderful, but they are children and don't understand that we have needs too. Too often, we go neglected. 

DREADING going back to work in September. I know, Summer isn't technically even here yet and I'm already thinking about the fall. But it goes quickly, so it's cause for some dread. 

SINGING "You are my Sunshine" on repeat. Lately it's the only song that will calm Bevin down enough to fall asleep. I sing it when I'm wearing her down and when she's in bed next to me at night. When we went hiking for Cole's birthday a few weeks ago, Cole was having a hard time staying focused on moving. So I decided we should make up stories to help keep his mind off the fact that we weren't at our destination yet (think "are we there yet?" on repeat and then just stopping in the middle of the trail when we aren't). As part of my story I said that one of the characters was going to sing "you are my sunshine."  I started to sing it and Cole sang along and I stopped and it was just about the cutest thing to hear his three year old voice sing "you make me happeee / when skies are gray. You'll never know dear/ how much I yuv you/ so please don't take my sunshine awaaaay."

SHARING all of my time with my kids. Keith has been working a lot this week - and has been spending lots of time away from home. That meant I almost went crazy. 




1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, there were many a day when John worked 14 hours days and would come home and I would just be like "Bad day, take kids, can't hold a conversation. Thanks." and keep cooking dinner. Two kids can be ROUGH!

    Bevin's face in that picture is the best!

    ReplyDelete