Thursday, November 14, 2013

Currently down in the dumps

Today I'm feeling down in the dumps. I've had some annoyances at work which have gotten me down and of course I had to write last week about how great my students are (now it is seriously past tense). I'm paying for that big time. It's akin to telling the world your child slept through the night. You just feel so good about it that you want to share it with everyone. But it always backfires. What irks me is that it didn't come from a smug "I'm such a great teacher" place. It came from my heart. At least I thought it did.

I just want to cry. I travel so far to work every day and put in so much extra time every week to keep up and make my lessons that much better. But I STILL fall behind with my grading, and encounter people who are less than grateful and not very nice at all. 

The holidays can't come fast enough. I do have to remind myself that at least I don't have to encounter these people in my off time. There is something to be said for privacy.  My personal time is mine. They can't invade it. 

I have not minded one bit though getting some adorable pictures of my kiddos the past two days. Keith sent me these pics yesterday and today. 

Bevin awaiting her flu shot...

Cole right after he got his shot...

Did I mention that is a chocolate covered rice krispy treat on a stick?!

3 comments:

  1. Days like these are rough. I experience a lot of ebbs and flows in my work, where I go from feeling totally in control, appreciated, and proud, to feeling frustrated, unacknowledged, and on the verge of wanting to leave it all behind. The hardest part for me is that I do let my work invade my personal time. If something stressful is going on at work, I bring that stress home with me and that's the worst part. I hope things start looking up for you soon.

    ReplyDelete