Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"I'm a snail inside my shell, Mama"

Cole pretty much plays pretend round the clock. He can frequently be heard uttering nonsensical things that only make sense to him. The imaginative play comes to a height around dinner and bath time, conveniently enough, so that he is too busy to eat dinner and too busy to start or continue his bedtime routine. When I say too busy, I mean it. We'll talk  to him and he's so focused on what he's doing that he often ignores us and goes about his business. Last night he was a snail in his shell and just couldn't get out of the shell to eat dinner. That was pretty disappointing, especially since Keith had cooked the most phenomenal pork and vegetable fried rice. 

Keith making the fried rice that just about blew my mind it tasted so good. 

Cole in his snail shell

1 comment:

  1. Kale is in the same stage right now too. I swear, he babbles more than he did when he was learning to talk. Sometimes he randomly shouts five minutes of dialogue in a completely made up language and I just stare at him like, who are you??? The pretending is hilarious though. I love what he comes up with. He's also been pulling off a mean impression of a snail - complete with laundry basket shell. Thank god those things don't live in my kitchen anymore....

    (PS - MISS YOU!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete