Sunday, November 13, 2011

My lists

Things that annoy me:
Being in a rush, and then getting in line behind someone who is playing lotto.

Letters to the editor in a community newspaper the issue before election day.

Voting on a supersized paper ballot and then running it through a glorified Scantron machine. There has to be a better and quicker way, especially after I stood in line for 10+ minutes listening to the volunteers complain about the Board of elections and the way they changed the table locations of the different districts, but then those same volunteers refusing to move the map to a central location so that voters could easily see what table they need to go to. No. Just go on complaining.

Legislators whose signs appear in the shape of a voluptuous womanly elephant. Seriously.

People who cut me off on my morning commute.

When I don't get into the lane I need to be in quickly enough and then, because I don't want to cut anyone off ( see above), I am forced to take the really long way home instead (as if the original way wasn't long enough).

Things that make me feel all gooey inside:

Hearing Cole say "I love you" to his grandmother.

Letting someone merge instead of yelling at them for cutting me off and then watching as they raise their hand in a kind gesture of gratitude.

Watching Keith cuddle with Cole on the living room floor. He doesn't know I'm watching, which makes it feel that much more special.

Watching Cole hug Kiwi (because he never manages to catch Clem) while saying "hug."

And capturing these moments...







1 comment:

  1. My list of things that annoy me would require its own blog. Top of the list? Driving related annoyances. Wait, no. Cyclists that don't follow the rules. Drives.me.crazy.

    I love how they make all that irritability slip away. I love that Cole is saying "I love you." Kale says "I love" but it sounds like Isla. Who is a girl in his class. That he loves. So.......

    ReplyDelete