Monday, October 3, 2011

Lost in the land of work

I wish I had more time to post. I wish I had more time to do anything for me. As Keith says, "time is the biggest commodity." We have barely any of it. If we're not cooking or cleaning, we're playing with the baby or struggling to get tons of work done within a small window of time. All of you working parents can understand this daily struggle, so I don't need to say much more. When I was home this summer, I was super busy during the day, but I had no "homework" per se, so I could blog freely at night and during Cole's nap time. Obviously, going back to work changed all of that. I have homework once again. That's the one part of this job I absolutely detest. Bringing my work home. Anyone who tells you a teacher's job is easy or that they wish they had teacher's hours - do you really enjoy working on your days off? I didn't think so. This lack of time is the reason why I haven't posted in over two weeks. When I have free time I must plan for the week. This year, more than previous years, I must make sure my lessons are solid and well structured. And even though this is my 6th year teaching, this year I have to re-invent the wheel. When I next post, I will explain what I mean. (But, if you're an English or Math teacher, you already know what I mean.) But right now, I have barely enough time to write this before I have to shove off to bed.

Here are a few (okay - more than a few) pictures from the past few weeks. Enjoy. 


I'll be back. I promise.

Keith made up the captions. That's why this is a blog about working parents - we work together on my blog posts!


It's hard to pick one toy.

Stop kissing me mom. I'm trying to get my picture taken.

Cole's really eating through his shoes.

My new hat. You can never be too safe.

Dance time with Dada

That kid really tires me out.

I'm socked.

Dada, you forgot to open the blinds.

One thing I have to brag about before I go - Cole's day care had a photographer come in for picture day last Friday.  Cole was apparently the only kid out of all of the children (including the 3s and 4s) who sat and smiled for his picture. They said he was a natural. (Are you really surprised?) They'll be given out in a few weeks. I'll be sure to post the results! 

2 comments:

  1. I can absolutely relate to this (as I'm sure most working parents can). I really struggled over the past month to keep up with work AND be a good parent. I'm thankful that things are slowing down a little now and I hope you find the same as you settle into the school year.

    The pictures of Cole are adorable as always! It's no surprise that he sat and smiled for the camera - he's the son of a photographer! Keith has trained him well :P I can't wait to see his first "school picture."

    PS - I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete