Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I know it's not Flashback Friday yet, but I don't care

Most bloggers play by the rules and only post old photos on "Flashback Friday." Well, I'm a rebel (you didn't know that about me, did ya!), and I'm going to post it on Remember When Wednesday. Yep, I'm coining a new day. Be gone with Wordless Wednesday. Remember When Wednesday has taken over this blog.

So why did I decide make this rebellious change, you ask? Well, I was going through the mere 44 photos I have taken in the past year-and-a-half with this here Macbook, and I found the hidden gem below.  It made me say "Aaaawwww" so loudly, that I felt I must share it with you, my dear readers, (especially if you heard me saying "aaaawww," and I didn't tell you why.)

Cole at about 6 weeks old (taken on July 8, 2010)
And we all issue a collective sigh. Remember when they were that young and they just passed out by holding them in this simple yet soothing way? Remember when they were that young and they were putty in our hands? So fragile and tiny. 


I figured this post wouldn't be complete without pairing it up with a picture from present day. The pictures below were taken by Keith at Kelder Farm in Kerhonkson on Columbus Day weekend. I'm sure if you live anywhere near me, you know how beeeeeautiful it was that weekend. In fact, it was almost a little too warm for my liking! (Yeah --- I'm in the to-hell-with-summer mode) We had a fun time feeding and petting the farm animals, but after letting multiple animals (sheep, goats, a calf, and llamas) lick our hands multiple times it was time to wash. 

When I look at this picture, I think, Holy Shit, I'm really a mother!
Mama, being all motherly
When I look at this picture, I can't believe how big he has gotten. He's almost half my size now!
Cole at 16 months old
Oh and this was the view we had while washing said hands. Not bad. Not bad.
That's the Shawangunk ridge in the background. 

Can someone please tell me where the past 17 months have gone? 


Oh wait - I think I found them - they're on this here blog! Thank goodness I saved them!





3 comments:

  1. You rock for keeping this blog and for living in a beautiful place. I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I KNOW! I was thinking this today! John said something about Zach being halfway to 2 yrs. old, and I thought the same thing. We have the best baby books EVER! (Though mine would take considerable censoring for Zach to ever read!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking A LOT about how much has changed in the past year and a half (and how much hasn't!). I let out a huge AWWWWWWWW when I saw that first picture. Tiny little Cole - sooooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete