Monday, March 26, 2012

Sleep: Revelations

One night last week Cole was fighting sleep something fierce. I had probably been trying to get him down for an hour. Finally I asked him: Why won't you go to sleep. And he answered. He admitted "I don't like going to sleep."

It was what I always knew. But I had never heard him say it.

Then this past weekend we were playing peek-a-boo with him in his room. He started to burp a few times in a row and we realized we were getting him over excited and right near bath time. So we stopped and I started to read him Sleepy Bunny. When we got to the part where we put the covers over Bunny, Cole whined "Noooooo!" and tried to close the book.

Finally, last night during the 2.5 hours it took me to help him fall asleep, he started howling, "I don't like going to sleeeeeep!" Then he started to fall asleep standing up. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment