Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Today || Volume 9

Today was a rough day. Bevin was up half the night, and that meant we were all up half the night. I had grand plans to go hiking and keith wanted to organize the house. But the morning started off slow because we were all tired, and it never quite gained momentum. We did our chores, the kids ate the entire morning and Keith and I were sitting on the couch drinking our caffeinated beverages wondering to ourselves the age old questions on our days "off" "what are we doing today?"
 Before we knew it it was time for bevin to nap. Lately she refuses to be put down for naps (meaning she will wake up the second you set her in the crib). Also? Her nap sucks the life out of our day because it is smack in the middle of the day- usually around 12 pm and sometimes ending around 2. Keith decided he needed a break and Cole really wanted some time alone with me, so we decided to divide and conquer. I took Cole on a hike and keith gave bevin her nap while catching a little extra sleep himself. 

Cole and I had a fun time hiking. He climbed some rocks, we played a little hide and seek and, because there was no cranky toddler dictating our every move,  I let him set the pace for the most part. 


Stopping in the middle of the trail to check things out is how Cole likes to hike. 

About to go "climbing"

It was an unusually warm Veteran's Day. In the sun it felt like it was in the low 60s. 

I took around 15 silly pictures first before he'd pose for this "normal" shot...

He really is such an awesome hiker. 

He was so excited to be the leader on the plank trail. 

The woods just have a way of bringing me peace of mind. 

A few hours after we got back home I managed to get a sunset light selfie. 









No comments:

Post a Comment