Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Today || Volume 2

Today Cole told me he can walk on air, shoot ants and jump really high. I was instantly reminded of the poem "Turning Ten" by Billy Collins. 

At four I was an Arabian wizard.
I could make myself invisible
by drinking a glass of milk a certain way.
At seven I was a soldier, at nine a prince.

The poem shows that being a child is so innocent and carefree. And those lines in particular bring me back to Cole and his insanely creative imagination. How he runs around the house living in his own made up world, or walking on the trail holding up his sword, or how he squirts water from a bath toy talking about his fish in the sea. 

Today Cole and I got to snuggle up in my bed and read some pretty awesome books together: Night in the Country, Talk It Out, and Lost in the Woods. I love when it's just he and I because then we can take our time, I can ask a billion questions and he can ask a billion and one questions. He revels in the time together, sighing happily and curling up in the crook of my arm with his head on my lap. All this while Bevin sleeps soundly in her crib. 


No comments:

Post a Comment