Monday, March 3, 2014

i like my privacy

so you're reading this because i invited you to read my blog in its private form. the ONLY reason i've made this blog private is to keep prying students out of my business. no other reason at all. i love you, my dear devoted readers, and i thank you for continuing to come back to this blog despite the irregularity in which i post. but my students have recently started to make extremely annoying inquiries, which led me to believe they will do some searching on google and might possibly find this blog. instead of deleting content, i figured making it private would be better, and something i can easily undo.  

For a while i feel it's necessary to clamp down on my online life. i made major changes on Facebook (and that is not easy, let me tell you), but just in case that isn't enough, i made this last change. my blog has never and will never be searchable, but i felt like that privacy setting still wasn't enough. i don't plan on keeping it private long term, but for the rest of the school year, it will likely stay this way.

so if you know someone who reads my blog and you hear from them that they can't read it now because a) i didn't know they read my blog or b) because i forgot them.....please let me know in the comments.


1 comment:

  1. I completely understand why you would want to keep your family life away from prying eyes ! It wasn't difficult to set up the account and well worth the effort !

    ReplyDelete